Friday, September 13, 2013

My Family Culture
Three items I would take with me in the event a catastrophe were to devastate my home country would be my Bible, my glasses, and a photo album.
The Bible is probably my most prized possession. My encouragement and sustenance is derived from the Word of God. It means that much to me. My glasses are also important because I cannot see adequately without them. Depending on what host country I am in- I may not be able to get another pair of glasses. I would also take a photo album with my family and home in it.
If, upon arrival to my host country I was told I could only keep one item, I would keep my Bible.
Through this exercise I have learned that my family is important to me, but my faith is more important than them. In the end that is all I will have. My family culture is one that encourages rich relationship with Christ and to be real representations of His love to others.

4 comments:

  1. It's nice to see that you have such a strong faith background. Many people would also go for their bible and photo albums as two important aspects of a normal life that will help them get through the difficult time thats ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lemora, great post and my grandmother picture is one of my items because she is so precious to me and thanks for sharing. Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lemora, great post! I especially liked your point about not being able to get glasses in another country. We take for granted what is available to us in our own surrounding. We don't realize there maybe a time in our lives when we don't always have things that we are used to readily available to us.

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lemora,
    Great post. Just like you I originally thought able stating that I would take my glasses but I figured that if I had them on then they would have to allow me to have them. However, I did not take into consideration the possibility of not being able to get any in this new country. Love your Thinking!
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete