Friday, November 1, 2013

The Communicators I know


When I think of effective communication, one person that comes to mind is my Dad. He has always made the person with whom he is speaking feel important and never less than. He makes eye contact and smiles and speaks with confidence and in a welcoming tone. He is a motivational speaker and has taught me wonderful skills in communicating with others to include actively listening, body posturing, and eye contact. I would love to model some of my own communication behaviors after him because he is effective when communicating with others. Listening takes a lot of practice, especially when you have so much to say (which is usually my case). I use the skills he has taught me in my everyday dealings with children and families, but there are some areas I need to work on, such as my facial expressions. It has been told to me that I do not have a poker face, so I need to hone up on my expressional skills. Thanks Dad for teaching me how to communicate, verbally and non-verbally!

1 comment:

  1. Lemora, I have to get a new coat because mine just busted open due to the swelling of my chest. To hear comments like that from your child is probably the most rewarding thing a parent can experience. I love you and am so proud of the godly woman you are. As we continue to live and grow, I have reserved a spot on my platform for you. We will be great communicators spreading a message of hope to the world. Daddy

    ReplyDelete