Saturday, May 11, 2013

Establishing Professional Contacts...around the world
In the process of establishing global contacts I found that quite a few of the contacts I tried to get in touch with were no longer available. I also found that some of the websites for the organizations had not been updated for a few years. I did send out messages successfully to Canada, Singapore, and Africa. Other messages I sent out were returned to me undeliverable. So I wait excitedly to hear back from these countries as I am interested in how early childhood is where they are.

I chose the Zero to Three Organization after perusing their website. What drew me to them was the scientific and medical side of their research as it pertains to early childhood and young children. Their site was also very easy to navigate and contained specific information and opportunities for educators and parents alike. I also subscribed to their monthly newsletter. I look forward to learning even more about the biological aspect of how children learn and develop.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lemora,
    I had the same problem trying to establish contacts. I tried Brazil and Africa. I had no problem selecting the organization I was interested in. I actually chose three, but so far I've only heard from one. I also look forward to learning more about these organizations. Thanks for sharing

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lemora, I also sent out emails but I was not successful in getting a response. I sent out three emails to contacts in Japan and Mexico. I'm glad to hear you found an organization that you found interesting! I cannot wait to learn from everyone's post each week. Thanks

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lenora, I had the same problem; but finally made contact with two people. it was a long process, but I finally made contact.

    ReplyDelete