Friday, November 2, 2012

If You Give a Mouse a Cookie...

This book has been one of my favorites since childhood. I remember making up songs and writing poems using this phrase. "If you give a horse pizza..." "If you give Barbie a haircut..." As an adult and a teacher, I introduce my students to this book and watch their reactions and take in their laughter. I thought about it differently now, with the help of my best friend, and that is how I came up with the title of my blog. We sat down and thought about all the things that might take place if you gave a child a chance. Still working on it but some of the things we came up with were...
"If you give a child a chance he might be curious as to why, and if he's curious he might be open to explore his surroundings, and as he explores his surroundings, he might find something he's interested in, and if he's interested in it, he might try something new, and in trying something new.....
This could go on for a while. Any input on finishing out this poem about an early learner? Please share!

2 comments:

  1. Your blog title is an attention grabber. I was curious to find out more about the blog. As I begin to read your entire, I too begin to think about what would happen if a child was given a chance. There are so many children that are not given a fair chance when it comes to education or life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do enjoy reading your blog and although this weeks blog entry consisted of resourses it is great that you are able to continue to make all your entries interesting

    ReplyDelete